Monday, January 28, 2008

Snowy days...

The snow started coming down fast and furious yesterday morning, but I decided that I really needed to go check on the boys out at the barn anyway. Driving was slow and a little scary but I arrived unscathed...until I went to open the barnyard gate. As I was walking the gate open, I slipped in a slushy puddle and promptly soaked my whole backside. This normally wouldn't be a huge deal, except that the temperature was below freezing and I was COLD!

My wet clothes made me do my barn chores a little more quickly than usual. Because there was so much snow, I didn't scoop out the runs - I couldn't see the poop! Just a quick treat and a pat on the nose for each horse and then I was on my way back home to some nice, dry clothes.

E. stayed inside all day with a low-grade fever, but R. spent some time in the backyard enjoying the 5 inches that fell:

Everything is so beautiful after a fresh snowfall!

No comments: