Sunday, January 25, 2009

Do I have to?


An invitation to join a newly forming 4-H club about 2 1/2 years ago is what started us on the road to horse ownership. Both E and I were so excited to find this group of people and she happily became a member of the Thundering Hoofbeats. And she continues to happily join in all the activities that the club regularly does....except one. Updating her record book. You'd think we were impaling her with hot pokers every time she has to sit down and document her horse-related activities! I forced E to spend an agonizing 15 minutes (Yes, it really only takes 15 minutes!) filling in her activity calendar. And yes, I am a "mean mom." :-)

Since it's snowing again, we've had to limit our horse-time to mucking stalls and tackling unruly manes. On the way out to the barn today E snapped a few pictures of the beautiful winter landscape.

1 comment:

mekanamom said...

Argh- we have got to get ours up to date as well. I'm on E's side. ;-)