Thursday, January 15, 2009

Now back to our regularly scheduled season...

I knew that the spring-like weather was not going to last, but boy was I sad to wake up to cold, foggy days!

I had forgotten (blocked?) how miserable it can be on a 4-H ride night when the temps dip below freezing. And Tuesday was not as bad as Wednesday and today. We had freezing fog off and on all day. Both E and I weren't too disappointed when our trainer called to cancel this afternoon's lesson. Getting cozy next to the fire was very appealing in this damp weather!

On a different topic...I was told about another potential horse this week. A family nearby is looking for a good home for their 10 year old QH mare, Ginger. They say she is super sweet but that she needs a job since their daughter announced that she no longer wants to ride. I talked to them at length today and plan to go take a look at this horse soon (Although not as soon as I really would like....we are going on a trip this weekend and then the other family leaves when we get back!). It sounds like Ginger has all that we're looking for, with the added benefit of having done 4-H showing before as well - something that Quinn has not done. Anyway, we haven't fully committed to Quinn yet, so I'm still open to other possibilities.

No comments: