Friday, June 22, 2012

Dreadlocks and more


 Poor Monte has been left on his own for many months now (although I don't think he'd complain too much about the lack of human contact!).  When we pulled him out of the field the other day for some exercise I discovered that his beautiful mane was full of dreadlocks.  So I spent some time this week washing and conditioning his mane and tail - an activity that he abhors!

Look at that clean mane!  :)

A favorite past-time at the barn this spring has been searching for kittens.  There are three litters currently, all very shy and difficult to spot, let alone pet.  One of the momma cats decided that the wood pile over by the round pen was a better home than the barn:

 Looking for kittens. Patience is the key....


Zoe and I have been relaxing this week.  Only one ride so far in which I practiced circles more.  She has begun to do a head-toss thing and pulls out of the circle whenever we go to the right.  Is she sore?  Something going on with her teeth?  We will investigate further.....


Some Pony Club drama this week.  Unfortunately by taking too long to think about an issue others assumed I had made a decision about something.........and now there will be a few angry mommas to deal with.  But ultimately I know that the kid involved will get to have a great experience...in spite of all us crazy adults!

The barn swallows are zipping in and out of the barn these days, caring for their hungry babies.  It's fun to stand in the doorway and have them fly overhead.  I can hear chirping all throughout the barn...



No comments: