Saturday, May 17, 2008

High temps and sunburned noses...

Summer has arrived. And I don't think we ever had a real spring! Here's a picture of the barn thermometer at 8:00 tonight:


E. had planned on riding but it was too darn hot, so we just cleaned and visited instead. Turns out that she couldn't have ridden anyway; Curly was limping when we arrived and appeared to have some swelling in his back legs. Over exertion the past few days? He's been worked pretty hard recently.... We'll go back tomorrow to check on him.

He spent too much time out in the sunshine, too, and has a sunburned nose:

I put a little sunblock on so hopefully it won't get any worse....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This whole train of discussion makes me think of Curly like your third child.... a third child that ended up a 'special needs' sort. I'm sure it's very engrossing and it sounds like there is a lot of energy going towards all this. But I sense it all as a very good energy and engagement. What a neat thing for your family. My kids are really excited to visit 'farms' and 'horses' with you guys this summer.