Friday, June 13, 2008

Blog Obsession

My family will be going on a BIG VACATION soon and I realized that I will not just miss our horse, Curly, but I will also miss my morning routine of checking out my favorite horse blogs. I have become obsessive about reading these things!

The writers of these posts are humorous, intelligent, sometimes ranting and furious, but always clear about their love for these animals. I have learned so much about training, riding and the unfortunate maltreatment of horses through their writings.

So, here's a list of my current favorites...and be aware that some are not particularly appropriate for young eyes!

Our First Horse
This was the first blog I stumbled upon, over a year ago. They have been less frequent in their postings lately, but I still enjoy reading about their experience as new owners.

Mugwump Chronicles

My current favorite. Great writing, great tips, lots to think about. Wouldn't be surprised to see a book come from her pen!

Fugly Horse of the Day
It's all about the horse....and bad owners should beware! People are watching - and posting! Not kid-friendly, but very eye-opening indeed.

Pony Girl Rides Again
Another well written, entertaining blog. Lots of great pictures too.

Horse Dreams
This is a friend of mine, who is in the beginning stages of starting an equine outreach for local youth.

It's A Really Long Way Down
Entertaining stories about the training of the Very Large Colt.


My new fear is that I'll stumble upon yet more great blogs and have to keep adding them to my morning list....soon I'll have to get up 2 hours earlier in the day to get done with all my "required" reading! :-)

1 comment:

Pony Girl said...

Hi there, thanks for adding my blog to your list! I am truly honored! I am enjoying your stories immensely and hope to do a similar post in the future where I share some of the newest blogs I have discovered.
I will miss the Curly crew while you are on vacation...I am assuming you will be having too much fun to be writing your blog? ;)