Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Should I?

Last night was 4-H ride night. Curly is still having lameness issues, so E had to ride Chance. A few small jumps were set up in the arena for the girls to practice with; E has decided that she really likes jumping. This does not help my blood pressure.

While we were there, I saw a couple of horse-for-sale flyers posted on the tack room door. Times are tight, feed is expensive, and we're all beginning to see more and more animals up for sale. The two from last night are priced to sell (only $500!) due to divorce. A friend (our barn manager) knows the owner and the animals and says that they are good, sound horses. So should I go look at them????

There are two things holding me back at the moment. Number one is the lack of available feed. Good hay is scarce around here at the moment. I was given a couple of new leads for hay suppliers last night, though. :-) The second thing holding me back is E's back and forth on what she wants to do with horses. The last couple of times she's ridden, she's really enjoyed the arena stuff and jumping. The two horses listed at our barn happen to have ridden only trails up to this point in their lives. My hunch is that they'd go nuts riding around in circles in an arena.

But....there will be more good animals coming up for sale in the next little bit - and I'm sure that some will also be priced to sell like these two are! So, I guess I just talked myself out of looking at these two particular animals...but left the door open for future purchases!

No comments: