Friday, November 23, 2007

Walking on all four!

I dragged my mom and J. off to the barn last night right after Thanksgiving dishes to check on our horse friends and to make sure they had their blankets on. The weatherman was predicting temps in the teens and I didn't want my boys to get cold!

When we arrived all the horses were happy to see us....they thought we were there to feed them, I'm sure. (It was their dinner time, after all.) Curly was standing at his water trough; he followed us all the way to his stall - a distance of 25 to 30 feet, walking quickly and soundly! I was so happy to see that. I took a quick look at his hoof after we had blanketed him and it didn't seem any worse. Still a little soft in the heel, perhaps, but no obvious problems beyond that. I plan to go out later today and do the sugar pack and a thorough cleaning to insure that it is indeed healing well.

No comments: